Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Macquarrie examines here, the lives and writings of a range of Christian mystics, both men and women, over a vast period of time -from Biblical times to present day. He presents their teachings, mostly in their own words, and shows how their ideas and the strength of their beliefs has brought great benefit to the Church over the course of history, and how they can continue to do so today. This is a hugely readable account of Christian mysticism, and its history; at an introductory level.
- Author BiographyJohn Maquarrie is a retired academic living in Oxford. Many influences have shaped his theology over the years. He owes a debt to German existentialism and the thinking of Bultmann in particular. His own background as a member of the Reformed Church in Scotland and later as an Anglican has given him a wide scope to explore the Reformation and its various trajectories. His allegiance to the Catholic wing of Anglicanism gives him a broad sympathy for Catholic theology. This capacious background allows Maquarrie to articulate theological reflections on everything from papal infallibility to Mysticism, which he does here in his own inimitalbe and engaging way.
- Author(s)John Maquarrie
- PublisherSCM Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSCM Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight346 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.