Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionH.G. Salsinger, the undisputed leading expert on Ty Cobb during the last century, analyzed and reported on Cobb's exploits on the diamond for 50 years as the sports editor of the Detroit News. This work presents for the first time together two biographies of Ty Cobb written by Salsinger. Part One offers the first complete, authorized biography of Cobb, Our Ty, published in 1924. Part Two includes a second biography of Cobb written 25 years later, Which Was Greatest: Ty Cobb or Babe Ruth? Together, these works provide a unique perspective on the life and career of arguably the greatest all-around baseball player of all time. Salsinger's close personal relationship with Cobb allows for intimate insights into the legend's complex personality, illuminating and dispelling many of the myths that have risen in the literature since Cobb's death in 1961.
- Author Biography<b>William R. Cobb</b>, a retired engineer and business executive, is the author or editor of several books on baseball history. A member of the board of advisors of the Ty Cobb Museum in Royston, Georgia, he lives in Marietta, Georgia.
- Author(s)Gary Mitchem,Harry G. Salsinger,Mark Durr,William R. Cobb
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/06/2012
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.