All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionAround 250 million people currently suffer from diabetes globally and this number is expected to reach 370 million people within the next 20 years. Fortunately in recent years our understanding of the pathogenesis and management of Type 2 diabetes has increased ermously. Invative new drugs have been developed and the evidence base for treating diabetes and preventing its complications is w outstanding. This second edition has been fully updated throughout to include all of the latest trial data, including new chapters on pathophysiology, and interpretation of recent clinical trials. This pocketbook is a concise, practical guide to the diagsis, assessment and management of Type 2 Diabetes aimed at clinicians, GPs and nurse specialists. With contributions from leading diabetes experts, the information in this book is presented in an easy to use format and is supplemented with key figures and tables.
- Author BiographyAnthony H. Barnett is Senior Academic/Professor of Medicine at the University of Birmingham and Clinical Director of Diabetes and Endocrinology at the Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, Birmingham. Prof. Barnett has significant involvement in both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and was formerly lead for 4th year undergraduate students. He is past editor of many education-based journals aimed at primary care, including Modern Diabetes Management, Modern Hypertension Management, Obesity in Practice and Practical Cardiovascular Risk Management. He has been an examiner for the University of Birmingham and the Open University and has supervised over 40 PhD and MD students for their higher doctorates. He has published widely (over 500 publications), both in peer reviewed journals and has edited books and book chapters. He also regularly gives advice to the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) and The European Medicines Agency.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/10/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Diabetes Library
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note19 BW line, 19 half-tone illustrations
- Weight194 g
- Width141 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byAnthony Barnett
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.