All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionFor more than fifty years, the United States has led the world ecomically, diplomatically, and militarily. In recent decades, however, as the need for highlevel skills and kwledge has become increasingly important, America's students have fallen behind their international peers in math, science, and reading. With increasing global competition, the United States must make sure that its students are equipped to sustain U.S. enterprise, ecomic and military strength, and intellectual leadership. In short, it must ensure that Americans are able to compete with peers around the globe today and in decades to come. If the United States cant adequately educate its young people, failure will threaten its role as an international leader and its ecomic competitiveness, putting America's global leadership and future at risk. Improving America's public schools cant be considered a purely domestic concern: the country's ability to prepare students to compete globally is integrally tied to U.S. national security. This Task Force report offers concrete recommendations for education reform that refocus the country on transforming schools and school systems to ensure America's continued ecomic and political growth and security.
- Author BiographyJoel I. Klein is the chief executive officer of the educational division and executive vice president, Office of the Chairman, of News Corporation. He is also the former chancellor of the New York City Department of Education. Condoleezza Rice is a professor of political economy in Stanford University's Graduate School of Business, the Thomas and Barbara Stephenson Senior Fellow on public policy at the Hoover Institution, and a professor of political science at Stanford University. She is also a founding partner of the Rice Hadley Group and a former U.S. secretary of state and national security adviser. Julia C. Levy is the former director of communications for the New York City Department of Education.
- Author(s)Condoleezza Rice,Joel I. Klein,Julia C. Levy
- PublisherCouncil on Foreign Relations
- Date of Publication30/04/2012
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCouncil on Foreign Relations
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.