Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionDespite the mandates of a rapidly changing world, the U.S. military today is still dominated by Cold-war era weaponry, organizational hierarchies, doctrine, and planning based on the expectation of massive Soviet-style land warfare. Nevertheless, one thing is absolutely certain: a US. military transformation will occur. The real issues are when, how, and with what consequences. Two historical cases most dramatically represent successful responses to the WWI-WWII interwar challenge: German combined arms armored maneuver warfare (colloquially kwn as Blitzkrieg ) and American aircraft carrier battle group operations. Despite their differing strategic perspectives, these two cases (widely studied but t exclusively and directly compared) share a striking number of significant common characteristics many of which were lacking in other militaries that failed, The critical common elements of these two institutions (the German Army and the U.S. Navy) form a blueprint or framework from which to evaluate current U.S. institutions, and ultimately a historic basis for recommendations for change.
- Author(s)Randolph P Miller
- Date of Publication19/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date26/02/2013
- Weight227 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.