All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn how to train your dog exactly as the U.S. military trains its canine soldiers. This manual is the Department of Defense's principle source of information on care, conditioning, and training of our nation's Military Working Dogs - such as Cairo, the canine who served in the raid that killed Bin Laden. From basics, such as HEEL and STAY to negotiating obstacle courses, to tracking, searching, and even attacking ...this manual shows readers how our military trains their dogs to be the best trained canines in the world. Contents include: * Veterinary Training Priorities * Principles of Conditioning and Behavior Modification * Patrol Dog Training * Clear Signals Training Method * Deferred Final Response * Detector Dog Training Validation * The Military Working Dog (WMD Program) * Facilities and Equipment * And more...
- Author BiographyThe U.S. Air Force is the executive agency for the Department of Defense Military Working Dog Program. The 341st Training Squadron, Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas, operates this program. They provide trained Military Working Dogs, handlers, trainers and kennel masters for the Department of Defense and other government agencies.
- Author(s)Department of Defense
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication30/10/2012
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight19 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.