All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume provides an in-depth look at the experience of the ordinary US marine 'grunt' in Vietnam. Organisation of the corps, weaponry, equipment, uniforms, training and medical arrangements are all discussed. However, where this book differs from other similar works is t only in the detail that it goes into but also in the unifying theme of examining all these differing aspects of marine life from the point of view of a soldier serving in the conflict. The author, Charles Melson, actually served in the Vietnam War (1955-1975), and it is this personal experience that allows him to provide such a unique angle on the subject.
- Author BiographyCharles Melson joined the Marines in 1967. Among other conflicts, his service included the war in Vietnam. From 1986, he was a writer with the Marine Corps Historical Centre and a working member of the Marine Corps Uniform Board. His work for Osprey includes the Elite titles Vietnam Marines and Marine Recon 1940-90.
- Author(s)Charles D. Melson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/03/1998
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleWarrior S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.23
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note12 colour and 50 b&w illustrations
- Weight228 g
- Width185 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ramiro Bujeiro
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.