Ubuntu Unleashed: Covering 15.10 and 16.04: 2016 by Matthew Helmke (Mixed media product, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $86.80+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $77.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionUbuntu Unleashed 2016 Edition is filled with unique and advanced information for everyone who wants to make the most of the Linux-based Ubuntu operating system. This new edition has been thoroughly revised and updated by a long-time Ubuntu community leader to reflect the exciting new Ubuntu 15.10 while including tons of information that will continue to apply to future editions. Former Ubuntu Forum administrator Matthew Helmke covers all you need to kw about Ubuntu 15.10 installation, configuration, productivity, multimedia, development, system administration, server operations, networking, virtualization, security, DevOps, and more-including intermediate-to-advanced techniques you won't find in any other book. Helmke presents up-to-the-minute introductions to Ubuntu's key productivity and Web development tools, programming languages, hardware support, and more. You'll find new or improved coverage of Ubuntu's Unity interface, various types of servers, software repositories, database options, virtualization and cloud services, development tools, monitoring, troubleshooting, Ubuntu's push into mobile and other touch screen devices, and much more. * Configure and customize the Unity desktop * Get started with multimedia and productivity applications, including LibreOffice * Manage Linux services, users, and software packages * Administer and run Ubuntu from the command line * Automate tasks and use shell scripting * Provide secure remote access and configure a secure VPN * Manage kernels and modules * Administer file, print, email, proxy, LDAP, DNS, and HTTP servers (Apache, Nginx, or alternatives) * Learn about new options for managing large numbers of servers * Work with databases (both SQL and the newest NoSQL alternatives) * Get started with virtualization * Build a private cloud with Juju and Charms * Learn the basics about popular programming languages including Python, PHP, Perl, and new alternatives such as Go and Rust * Learn about Ubuntu's work toward usability on touchscreen and phone devices Ubuntu 15.10 on DVD DVD includes the full Ubuntu 15.10 distribution for 64 bit computers (most desktop and tebooks systems today) as well as the complete LibreOffice office suite and hundreds of additional programs and utilities. Free Upgrade! Purchase this book and receive a free Ubuntu 16.0 4 Kick Start chapter after Ubuntu 16.04 is released. See inside back cover for details.
- Author BiographyMatthew Helmke is an active member of the Ubuntu community. He served from 2006 to 2011 on the Ubuntu Forum Council, providing leadership and oversight of the Ubuntu Forums (www.ubuntuforums.org), and spent two years on the Ubuntu regional membership approval board for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. He has written about Ubuntu for several magazines and websites, is a lead author of The Official Ubuntu Book, and coauthored The VMware Cookbook. He works as a senior technical writer for Pearson North America's Assessment and Information division, documenting assessment software. Matthew first used Unix in 1987 while studying LISP on a Vax at the university. He has run a business using only free and open source software, has consulted, and has a master's degree in Information Resources and Library Science from the University of Arizona. You can find out more about Matthew at matthewhelmke.com or drop him a line with errata or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Andrew Hudson is a freelance journalist who specializes in writing about Linux. He has significant experience in Red Hat and Debian-based Linux distributions and deployments and can often be found sitting at his keyboard tweaking various settings and config files just for the hell of it. He lives in Wiltshire, which is a county of England, along with his wife, Bernice, and their son, John. Andrew does not like Emacs. He can be reached at email@example.com. Paul Hudson is a recognized expert in open-source technologies. He is also a professional developer and full-time journalist for Future Publishing. His articles have appeared in MacFormat, PC Answers, PC Format, PC Plus, and Linux Format. Paul is passionate about free software in all its forms and uses a mix of Linux and BSD to power his desktops and servers. Paul likes Emacs. Paul can be contacted through http://hudzilla.org.
- Author(s)Matthew Helmke
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication25/11/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationIndianapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSams Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1282 g
- Width177 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD-ROM
- Edition Statement11th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.