All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionDeborah L. Jaramillo investigates cable news' presentation of the Iraq War in relation to high concept filmmaking. High concept films can be reduced to single-sentence summaries and feature pre-sold elements; they were considered financially safe projects that would sustain consumer interest beyond their initial theatrical run. Using high concept as a framework for the analysis of the 2003 coverage of the Iraq War-paying close attention to how Fox News and CNN packaged and promoted the U.S. invasion of Iraq-Ugly War, Pretty Package offers a new paradigm for understanding how television news reporting shapes our perceptions of events.
- Author BiographyDeborah Jaramillo is Assistant Professor in the Department of Film and Television at Boston University. She is a two-time Ford Fellow and sits on the board of the Texas Archive of the Moving Image.
- Author(s)Deborah Lynn Jaramillo
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication25/09/2009
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width3963 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.