All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis book serves as a reference for engineers, scientists, and students concerned with the use of materials in applications where reliability and resistance to corrosion are important. It updates the coverage of its predecessor, including coverage of: corrosion rates of steel in major river systems and atmospheric corrosion rates, the corrosion behavior of materials such as weathering steels and newer stainless alloys, and the corrosion behavior and engineering approaches to corrosion control for nmetallic materials. New chapters include: high-temperature oxidation of metals and alloys, namaterials, and dental materials, adic protection. Also featured are chapters dealing with standards for corrosion testing, microbiological corrosion, and electrochemical ise.
- Author BiographyR. Winston Revie has had a career of more than thirty years at the CANMET Materials Technology Laboratory in Ottawa, Canada, where he is a Senior Research Scientist and Program Manager. Currently, he is President of the NACE Foundation of Canada, a registered educational charity. He is also past director of the Northern Area of NACE International; a past chairman of the ASM Canada Council and of the Electrochemical Society Canadian Section; and a past president of the Metallurgical Society of the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum. Dr. Revie coauthored the third and fourth editions of Corrosion and Corrosion Control, a widely used textbook, and was the editor of the second edition of Uhlig's Corrosion Handbook. Dr. Revie is a Fellow of NACE International, ASM International, and the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/04/2011
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleECS Series of Texts and Monographs
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight2978 g
- Width226 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byR. Winston Revie
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.