All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUkulele Magic is the perfect tutor for children and for teachers. Rock to ragtime, bluegrass to swing, tango, calypso and the blues - they're all here in instantly accessible songs to play straight away ~ whether solo, with friends, or with the whole class. Fully supported by video tutorials and audio performances and backings. Ukulele Magic is the perfect tutor for children and for teachers. Rock to ragtime, bluegrass to swing, tango, calypso and the blues - they're all here in instantly accessible songs to play straight away ~ whether solo, with friends, or with the whole class. Fully supported by video tutorials and audio performances and backings. The pupil's edition, BOOK+CD, contains full audio performance and backing support and website video tutorials, making it ideal for individual practice. The 25 pieces carefully progress from playing open strings (eg Stringalong Rag) to songs with one chord (Shortnin bread, A mir miracle, F major march) to two chords (Baboushka, Tab tango, Calypso strum) and finally three chords (In South Africa, Playing the blues). Finger-picking and strumming styles are all introduced step by step in pieces which are fun and stylistic. This is a thoroughly musical introduction to an immensely popular instrument, opening the way to independent music-making for all.
- Author BiographyIan Lawrence is a teacher, musician and composer with longstanding experience of teaching music in primary schools. He has worked as an Advanced Skills Teacher and was for eight years the Director of the Deptford Saturday Music Centre. His Wider Opportunities ukulele classes and clubs in South London primary schools are inspiring and inclusive. He has also written and arranged music which incorporates ukuleles into other types of school bands, bringing together not just ukulele students but instrumentalists of all kinds, creating truly musical experiences which promote independent learning as well as invaluable ensemble opportunities.
- Author(s)Ian Lawrence
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication13/09/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Music
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width250 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest Agefrom 9 to 11
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.