All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- Description. Ulster, Ireland and the Somme tells the story of the relationship between Ulster, Ireland and the Somme area of rthern France, which has w endured for nearly a century. The 1916 Battle of the Somme is a key event in Irish memory of the Great War, and thousands of people from both Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic visit the area each year, but the history of the landscape and the memorials they see has never been told in any detail until w.
- Author BiographyCatherine Switzer hold a PhD in history from the University of Ulster, and an earlier work Unionists and Great War Commemoration in the north of Ireland, 1914-1939 was published in 2007 by Irish Academic Press. The Belfast Newsletter described this book as A little gem . . . a tremendously well-researched and argued book. She has also written a series of academic journal articles on conflict commemoration, and has a weekly column in the Newtownards Chronicle which has met with unprecedented levels of response from readers.
- Author(s)Catherine Switzer
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication19/02/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note40 black & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.