All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUltimate E tapes is the essential guide to cycling the very best routes in Europe. From the epic ascent of the Stelvio to the windswept coastline of the Netherlands' North Sea, by way of the cobbles of Flanders and Italy's Strade Bianche, Peter Cossins has created a guide to the stages that have defined modern cycling. Taken together, they create a tour of Europe that offers as broad a variety of terrain as any of the Grand Tours would provide, enabling riders inspired by the beauty, thrills and demands of these races to challenge themselves on exactly the same parcours. Ultimate E tapes is a book for cyclists of all abilities - from experienced club racers to enthusiastic amateurs who might just want to take on one great cycle. Each stage includes a detailed route description, (with map and profile) and suggestions on other riding within each region, including details of the most significant sportives in the area. Peter Cossins beautifully written text explains why each stage merits inclusion with superb descriptions of the majestic scenery, the heroic deeds of cycling's legendary riders or the sheer endeavour and exhilaration of completing a stage.
- Author BiographyFirst drawn into the sport while a student in Spain in the mid-1980s, PETER COSSINS has been writing about cycling since 1993. He has covered more than a dozen editions of the Tour de France and spent three years as editor of Procycling magazine and the last five as contributing editor to that title. In 2012 he collaborated with Tour de France winner Stephen Roche on his autobiography, Born to Ride. The Monuments, his history of cycling's five greatest one-day Classic races, was published in 2014, when he also translated former French pro Christophe Bassons' autobiography, A Clean Break. Resident in Ilkley, he is the co-author of Two Days in Yorkshire, a review of the 2014 Tour's Grand Depart in the county.
- Author(s)Peter Cossins
- PublisherAurum Press Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAurum Press Ltd
- Weight1656 g
- Width247 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.