All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA safe, challenging, and effective method of core conditioning, planking is one of the best ways to get fit and toned. Variations of planks are used across many fitness domains including traditional group exercise, personal training, home workouts, yoga, pilates, barre, CrossFit and more. Not only are planks perfect for crafting six-pack abs, they also target shoulders, pectorals, biceps, triceps, glutes, quads, and hamstrings. They increase the heart rate, offer calorie-busting cardio exercise, and create healthy muscle tone. Ultimate Plank Fitness features 100 different variations of planks that can be used to customize your workout. Easily increase the difficulty of your core strengthening exercises by adding stability balls, gliders, and weights. Each exercise includes a step-by-step photo demonstration, points of performance, where to engage, along with common faults to detect ways to improve your fitness. Finally, CrossFit coach, personal trainer, and fitness instructor, Jen DeCurtins provides you with ten 5-minute workouts incorporating several planks that you can use to target trouble areas and build strength. With countless variations of the exercise, ranging from traditional planks to side plank variations and planks using external weights or unstable surfaces, your entire workout can be programmed around the plank! Work your way to a healthy core with Ultimate Plank Fitness.
- Author BiographyJENNIFER DECURTINS is a fitness instructor, CrossFit coach, personal trainer, yoga teacher and blogger. She is a certified personal trainer through the National Academy of Sports Medicine with special interest in circuit training, high-intensity interval training, pre- and post-natal,weightlifting for women, weight loss, endurance, flexibility/mobility and core conditioning. Her training focuses on functional movement and utilizes equipment like kettlebells, medicine balls, TRX, battle ropes, prowlers, barbells, and bodyweight in addition to running, rowing, burpees, stairs, And boxing. She also holds a 200-hour registered yoga teacher certification through Yoga Alliance and teaches hot yoga classes at Y2 Yoga, Charlotte's largest yoga studio. In 2010, she launched the Paleo-friendly lifestyle, fitness and food blog, Peanut Butter Runner.
- Author(s)Jennifer DeCurtins
- PublisherFair Winds Press
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationGloucester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFair Winds Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.