All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLuxury edition of the bestselling survival guide This is the original and best survival handbook, w in an exclusive package. Lofty's extensive survival experience and tried and tested techniques are the choice of both survival expert and vice, and the text is specially crafted to prepare you for any and every situation, wherever you are in the world. Lofty imparts his much sought-after kwledge in a new illustrated top-of-the-range gift format, wonderfully packaged as a hardback covered with camouflage cloth, filled with informative and attractive photography. All the advice is firmly rooted in the training techniques of the world's most elite fighting force, the SAS. Whether you are on land, at sea, trekking in mountaius, desert or arctic regions, or in the midst of an unforeseen disaster, Lofty will teach you how to survive. NEW CONTENTS INCLUDE: Step-by-step photography showing you such fundamental survival skills as shelter building, lighting a fire, signalling for rescue, basic first aid, setting up and furnishing a camp, setting up traps. Also includes photography of plants, animals and trees you might be likely to encounter in various climates, to enable easy recognition when you're foraging for food. Case studies form an important part of the text, giving the reader real-life stories to learn from, and test their kwledge against.
- Author BiographyJohn 'Lofty' Wiseman served for 26 years with the SAS. After serving in various theatres of operation he became their Chief Survival Instructor. He remains the foremost authority on SAS training techniques for civilians. His knowledge, skills and experience are unrivalled and he is deeply respected in survival circles. Recently, he has launched a instrustional DVD, 'Survival Skills' in conjunction with the Trueways Survival School.
- Author(s)John 'Lofty' Wiseman
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteWith index
- Weight1410 g
- Width195 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition StatementGift ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.37Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.