All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn every sport, at the level of casual runner or world-class athlete, eating correctly improves the quality of performance. Ultimate Sports Nutrition pays particular attention to the role of ergogenic aids (supplements both legal and questionable) which are so prevalent in the media currently. This includes things like Creatine, vitamin B-12, Omega-3 fatty acids, ginseng and phosphates among the other popular nutritional aids. There are also charts comparing sports nutritionals (sports drinks, bars, gels, liquid meals, and protein powders), a review of popular weight loss diets, discussions of fat, protein, carbohydrates, and vitamins and how they affect athletes. The authors also address the issues of hydration and body composition and the specific concerns of female athletes of all ages, rounding out the most up-to-date, comprehensive book for today's athlete.
- Author BiographyEllen Coleman is a registered dietician and exercise physiologist and a columnist for Sports Medicine Digest. As an athlete she has completed the Ironman Triathalon twice in addition to numerous marathons and distance bicycle races. Suzanne Nelson Steen is the coauthor of Play Hard--Eat Right a guide to sports nutrition for children. She is also a registered dietician currently working with college and Olympic athletes.
- Author(s)Ellen Coleman,Suzanne Nelson Steen
- PublisherBull Publishing Company
- Date of Publication01/10/2000
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBoulder
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBull Publishing Company
- Content Noteillus
- Weight306 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.70
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.