All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with wilderness, terrorism, surviving extreme situations: Land, Sea, and Air. What to do when disaster strikes: in the outdoors, the city and in the home; how to survive on land, water and in the air, in any climate and in harsh terrain. It offers practical advice, street kw-how and step-by-step techniques for staying alive - with 1100 photographs and illustrations showing tactics, and 80 training projects for extreme life skills to use in emergencies. It also deals with self-sufficiency in the wild: survival skills and bushcraft techniques, tools, equipment and medical emergencies. It also includes: coping when everyday situations become life-threatening: surviving as a hostage; self-protection and street skills; danger at home; the do's and don'ts of being a tourist. It offers expert advice to help you avoid hazardous situations, and respond positively to confrontation. This is the ultimate guide to survival: in the wilderness, in the city, in planes, in cars and in the home. The tactics, skills and tricks of the trade taught in this professional survivors' manual could save your life. Written by experts, the first section covers bushcraft techniques for every climate and terrain: how to find food, water and shelter, navigate and make a fire. The second section helps you ensure personal safety when the everyday becomes life-threatening, including hostage situations, counter-terrorism, self-protection, road rage, fires and accidents. This manual will enhance your survival instinct, improve risk awareness and keep you alive.
- Author BiographyAnthonio Akkermans founded Wild-Live and teaches hundreds of people a year how to live naturally and connect on a very basic level with the wilderness. Henry Wilson Cook has worked in television on the martial arts and applied self-defense. Bill Mattos is a surfer and kayaker who works in the extreme sports and professional rescue industry. Bob Morrison is a military photojournalist who has witnessed how civilians survive in combat zones.
- Author(s)Anthonio Akkermans,Bill Mattos,Bob Morrison,Henry Wilson Cook
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication07/02/2012
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 1100 photographs
- Weight1275 g
- Width228 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.