All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe world's leading endurance athletes are t only some of the fittest people on the planet, they are also among the toughest mentally. To train and race at the highest level of competition over hundreds - and sometimes thousands - of miles takes preparation, dedication and the ability to push the body and mind beyond conventional limits. Ultra Performance offers an insight into the psychology of these athletes. Having interviewed fourteen ultra athletes, Paul Moore distils the dynamics of the mental toughness they required - the motivation, focus and ability to keep the mind positive deep in the heart of fatigue. What did it take, for instance, for Rachel Cadman to 'eat the elephant' of the Arch to Arc (running from London to Dover, swimming the Channel, then cycling to Paris)? And to win? That takes steeliness beyond all mere effort, pushing through and improvising when necessary. The stories of these hard-fought wins feature strongly in the contributions from Brett Sutton, world-rewned triathlon coach, and Craig Alexander, one of the greatest athletes in the history of Ironman. Others, like Dee Cafari, the first woman to circumnavigate the world solo in both directions, required the resilience to overcome challenges they had set themselves. With working examples of the implementation of their mental strategies, Ultra Performance t only gives an insight into the toughest moments these professional athletes have ever faced, but also offers advice to readers on how they can adapt and employ these techniques for themselves, often to the n-sporting pursuits of everyday life.
- Author BiographyPaul Moore has worked in endurance sports for more than five years. As Online editor of Triathlete Europe and Run Now he has overseen the growth of two of Europe's largest endurance sports websites. He has also written two books on endurance sports: The World's Toughest Endurance Challenges (with Richard Hoad) and Ultimate Triathlon.
- Author(s)Paul Moore
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Sport
- Content NoteInspiring photos throughout
- Weight542 g
- Width208 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.