All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionAn international panel of experts provide major research issues and a self-contained, rapid introduction to the theory and application of UWB This book delivers end-to-end coverage of recent advances in both the theory and practical design of ultra wideband (UWB) communication networks. Contributions offer a worldwide perspective on new and emerging applications, including WPAN, sensor and ad hoc networks, wireless telemetry, and telemedicine. The book explores issues related to the physical layer, medium access layer, and networking layer. Following an introductory chapter, the book explores three core areas: Analysis of physical layer and techlogy issues System design elements, including channel modeling, coexistence, and interference mitigation and control Review of MAC and network layer issues, up to the application Case studies present examples such as network and transceiver design, assisting the reader in understanding the application of theory to real-world tasks. Ultra Wideband Wireless Communication enables technical professionals, graduate students, engineers, scientists, and academic and professional researchers in mobile and wireless communications to become conversant with the latest theory and applications by offering a survey of all important topics in the field. It also serves as an advanced mathematical treatise; however, the book is organized to allow n-technical readers to bypass the mathematical treatments and still gain an excellent understanding of both theory and practice.
- Author BiographyHUSEYIN ARSLAN, PhD, is Assistant Professor at the University of South Florida. Dr. Arslan's research interests center on advanced signal processing techniques at the physical layer, with cross-layer design for network adaptivity and quality of service control. He worked at Ericsson Research for about five years and continues his close relations with wireless industries as a consultant and with university sponsored research. ZHI NING CHEN, PhD, is Adjunct Professor in the Electromagnetics Academy at Zhejiang University, China and at the National University of Singapore. Dr. Chen is also Lead Scientist at the Institute for Infocomm Research. MARIA-GABRIELLA DI BENEDETTO, PhD, is Professor of Telecommunications at the University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy. Dr. Di Benedetto is active in fostering the development of UWB telecommunication systems in Europe and is the Director at Infocom for two European IST projects.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2006
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight854 g
- Width163 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byHuseyin Arslan,Maria-Gabriella Di Benedetto,Zhi Ning Chen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.