Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionThe ultrasonic velocity profile (UVP) method, first developed in medical engineering, is w widely used in clinical settings. The fluid mechanical basis of UVP was established in investigations by the author and his colleagues with work demonstrating that UVP is a powerful new tool in experimental fluid mechanics. There are diverse examples, ranging from problems in fundamental fluid dynamics to applied problems in mechanical, chemical, nuclear, and environmental engineering. In all these problems, the methodological principle in fluid mechanics was converted from point measurements to spatio-temporal measurements along a line. This book is the first mograph on UVP that offers comprehensive information about the method, its principles, its practice, and applied examples, and which serves both current and new users. Current users can confirm that their application configurations are correct, which will help them to improve the configurations so as to make them more efficient and effective. New users will become familiar with the method, to design applications on a physically correct basis for performing measurements accurately. Additionally, the appendix provides necessary practical information, such as acoustic properties.
- Author BiographyAttached please take a look at prof. Takeda's CV (prof.Takeda_CV_Eng.pdf) -Professor Emeritus, Hokkaido University -Professor, Solution Research Lab, Tokyo Institute of Technology -Guest Professor, ETH Zurich I will add 8 co-authors' information later when this is imported to BFlow.
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Japan
- Date of Publication31/08/2012
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleFluid Mechanics and its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Number101
- Place of PublicationTokyo
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Japan
- Content Note6 black & white tables, biography
- Weight595 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byYasushi Takeda
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.