All listings for this product
Save on Other
- AU $34.92Trending at AU $42.61
- AU $17.99Trending at AU $21.39
- AU $19.93Trending at AU $30.40
- AU $5.61Trending at AU $8.04
- AU $34.61Trending at AU $49.95
About this product
- DescriptionIn Ulysses S. Grant: A Bibliography, Dr. Kelsey has created an invaluable resource for Grant scholars. The bibliography consists of twenty chapters covering Grant's early life, his careers both as soldier and as president, his associations with various individuals, his post-presidency activities, the role alcohol played in his life, his battle with throat cancer, and ultimately, his tragic death. What makes this book truly special is that Kelsey cites t only the usual books and journals but also a wide variety of ntraditional materials ranging from manuscripts to musical scores. Additionally, she has created a list of cited journals with OCLC numbers, making precise identification of old and obscure journals easy for researchers. Kelsey's sources are varied and multidimensional: she includes scholarly, popular, and ephemeral works to present the fullest possible picture of the legendary president. Kelsey also lists many obscure sources on t only Grant but also his associates, including all his cabinet members. The work includes citations about Julia Dent Grant, other Grant family members, Grant's cabinet members, John Rawlins, William Tecumseh Sherman, Ely Parker, Abraham Lincoln. Libraries of all types could benefit from including this resource in the reference collection. The text might get the most use in historical society libraries, as well as in the libraries of colleges and universities. Public libraries and private individuals interested in Grant and the Civil War would also appreciate the book's comprehensive nature.
- Author BiographyMarie Ellen Kelsey is currently the director of the Educational Media and Technology program at the College of St. Scholastica, Duluth, Minnesota. Dr. Kelsey welcomes comments about Ulysses S. Grant: A Bibliography at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date of Publication30/09/2005
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleBibliographies of the Presidents of the United States
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 18
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1107 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edited byMarie Ellen Kelsey
- Foreword byArthur Meier Schlesinger
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.