All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an ideal guide to umbrella reviews, overviews of reviews, and meta-epidemiologic studies for evidence synthesis. Research is conducted at different levels: primary research consists of original studies while secondary research comprises qualitative reviews, systematic reviews, and meta-analyses. Recently, a vel further level of research has been introduced, based on the analysis and pooling of reviews and meta-analysis. This book is the first to focus solely on this new type of research design, which permits a comprehensive and powerful synthesis of scientific evidence in medicine as well as in many other fields in order to inform decision-making. All aspects are covered, including review design and registration, the searching, abstracting, appraisal, and synthesis of evidence, the appraisal of moderators and confounders, and state of the art reporting. Case studies in a range of medical specialties are then presented. The hands-on approach of the book, written by a multinational team of experts, will enable the reader to interpret and independently conduct umbrella reviews.
- Author BiographyGiuseppe Biondi-Zoccai is Assistant Professor in Cardiology in the Department of Medico-Surgical Sciences and Biotechnologies of Sapienza University of Rome. He has got an established expertise in evidence-based cardiovascular medicine and is the founder of the Meta-analysis and Evidence-based medicine Training in Cardiology (METCARDIO) Collaboration. He has published more than 500 articles indexed in MEDLINE, including more than 130 systematic reviews, meta-analyses, or umbrella reviews, and he is the editor of the first book devoted to network meta-analyses and mixed treatment comparisons.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 11 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight815 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byGiuseppe Biondi-Zoccai
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.