Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionIn this first book-length study of synchronic umlaut, a comprehensive comparative analysis of the phology and morphology of the umlaut alternation in present-day German and the Austronesian language Chamorro is presented in the framework of Optimality Theory. A fresh perspective of the phology-morphology interface and the interaction between segmental and metrical structure with wider cross-linguistic implications is developed, including a new conception of morphological conditioning based on morphological faithfulness and Representation as Pure Markedness. The Chamorro data collected for this study contribute significantly to the documentation of this endangered language.
- Author(s)Thomas B. Klein
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- Series TitleLinguistische Arbeiten
- Series Part/Volume Number416
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintDe Gruyter
- Content NoteNum. fig.
- Weight314 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.