All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.59
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis pioneering book by an acclaimed expert is the first to discuss all of Bach's unaccompanied pieces in one volume, including an examination of crucial issues of style and composition type and the options open to interpretation and performance. David Ledbetter, a leading expert on Bach, provides the historical background to Bach's instrumental works, as well as detailed commentaries on each work. Ledbetter argues that Bach's unaccompanied works--the six suites for solo cello, six sonatas and partitas for solo violin, seven works for lute, and the suite for solo flute--should be considered together to enable one piece to elucidate ather. This illuminating and significant book is essential for professionals, performers, students, or anybody who wishes to learn more about Bach's music.
- Author BiographyDavid Ledbetter is Associate Research Fellow at the Royal Northern College of Music, Manchester. He is the author of Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier: The 48 Preludes and Fugues.
- Author(s)Dr David Ledbetter
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication06/11/2009
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, music
- Weight726 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine43 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.