Unbored: The Essential Field Guide to Serious Fun by Joshua Glenn, Elizabeth Foy Larsen (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.49+ AU $13.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
About this product
- DescriptionUnbored is the guide and activity book every modern kid needs. Vibrantly designed, lavishly illustrated, brilliantly walking the line between cool and constructive, it's crammed with activities that are t only fun and doable but also designed to get kids engaged with the wider world. With contributions from a diverse crowd of experts, the book provides kids with information to round out their worldview and inspire them to learn more. From how-tos on using the library or writing your representative to a graphic history of video games, the book isn't shy about teaching. Yet the bulk of the 350-page mega-resource presents hands-on activities that further the mission in a fun way, featuring the best of the old as well as the best of the new: classic science experiments, crafts and upcycling, board game hacking, code-cracking, geocaching, skateboard repair, yarn bombing, stop-action movie-making-plus tons of sidebars and extras, including trivia, best-of lists, and Q and As with leading thinkers whose culture-changing ideas are made accessible to kids for the first time. Just as kids begin to disappear into their screens, here is a book that encourages them to use those tech skills to be creative, try new things, and change the world. And it encourages parents to participate. Unbored is exciting to read, easy to use, and appealing to young and old, girl and boy. Parents will be comforted by its anti-perfectionist spirit and humor. Kids will just think it's awesome.
- Author BiographyJoshua Glenn is cofounder of the websites Significant Objects, Hilobrow, and Semionaut, and has authored and edited a number of books. Together with Elizabeth Foy Larsen, he writes a parenting column based on Unbored for Slate. He lives in Boston and has two sons, ten and thirteen. Elizabeth Foy Larsen was a member of the team that launched Sassy, a magazine for teen girls. Her writing on families has appeared in the Los Angeles Times, Mother Jones, the Daily Beast, and elsewhere. She lives in Minneapolis and has two sons and a daughter, ages seven to twelve. Tony Leone is a principal of Leone Design. His work has been honored by the American Institute of Graphic Arts and the Brand Design Association, and has been featured in Communication Arts, Print, Graphis, and elsewhere. He has a son in kindergarten and a newborn daughter.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Foy Larsen,Joshua Glenn
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Content Note400 B&W and color
- Weight1291 g
- Width198 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tony Leone,Mister Reusch,Heather Kasunick
- Introduction byMark Frauenfelder
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.85Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.72Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.16Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $45.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.