Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays by 52 Juniors and Seniors at Thurgood Marshall High School, located in the Bayview district of San Francisco, examines the idea of place and what it means to these young authors. It contains stories about places real and imagined, internal and external, places of transition and those of comfort. These young writers bravely share their varied views of the world, giving us a glimpse into the places that are most important to them -- those t necessarily found on a map, but in the heart.
- Author BiographyThis collection features 52 students from Thurgood Marshall Academic High School, located in the Bayview District of San Francisco. Many of these students are recent immigrants to the United States, many have lived in the San Francisco Bay Area all their lives. They represent a wide variety of some of the city's most underrepresented voices. Rabih Alameddine is the author of the novels Koolaids, and I, the Divine, The Hakawati, the story collection, The Perv, and most recently, An Unnecessary Woman. He divides his time between San Francisco and Beirut. Molly Parent has been coordinating educational programs to support youth with their creative and expository writing skills at 826 Valencia since 2012. Prior to joining the team at 826, she was a bookseller at Green Apple Books in San Francisco.
- Publisher826 Valencia
- Date of Publication28/08/2014
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Imprint826 Valencia
- Weight771 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMolly Parent
- Foreword byRabih Alameddine
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.