All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.17
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.02
About this product
- DescriptionHis conversation was in free and easy defiance of Murray's Grammar, and was garnished at convenient intervals with various profane expressions, which t even the desire to be graphic in our account shall induce us to transcribe. His companion, Mr. Shelby, had the appearance of a gentleman; and the arrangements of the house, and the general air of the housekeeping, indicated easy, and even opulent circumstances. As we before stated, the two were in the midst of an earnest conversation. "That is the way I should arrange the matter," said Mr. Shelby. "I can't make trade that way -- I positively can't, Mr. Shelby," said the other, holding up a glass of wine between his eye and the light. "Why, the fact is, Haley, Tom is an uncommon fellow; he is certainly worth that sum anywhere, -- steady, honest, capable, manages my whole farm like a clock. Tom is a good, steady, sensible, pious fellow. He got religion at a camp-meeting, four years ago; and I believe he really did get it. I've trusted him, since then, with everything I have, -- money, house, horses, -- and let him come and go round the country; and I always found him true and square in everything.""Some folks don't believe there is pious niggers Shelby," said Haley, with a candid flourish of his hand, "but I do. "
- PublisherAlan Rodgers Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationWoodlands Hills
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlan Rodgers Books
- Weight609 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.