All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.71
About this product
- DescriptionNo play in the history of the American Stage has been as ubiquitous and as widely viewed as Uncle Tom's Cabin . This book traces the major dramatizations of Stowe's classic from its inception in 1852 through modern versions on film. Frick introduce the reader to the artists who created the plays and productions that created theatre history.
- Author BiographyJohn Frick is Professor Emeritus of Theatre at the University of Virginia, USA. He is the author of Theatre, Culture and Temperance Reform in Nineteenth-Century America and New York's First Theatrical Center: The Rialto at Union Square as well as co-editor of The Directory of Historic American Theatre and Theatrical Directors: A Biographical Dictionary. He is a past editor of Theatre Symposium, a former Stanley J. Kahrl Fellow at Harvard University, past president of the American Theatre and Drama Society, and the 2010 recipient of the Betty Jean Jones Award for Outstanding Teacher of American Theatre and Drama. While in New York, he worked Off-Off Broadway as a dramaturg and as a stage manager with theatre and dance companies.
- Author(s)John W. Frick
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication04/11/2015
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitlePalgrave Studies in Theatre and Performance History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight421 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.