All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUncommon Grounds tells the story of coffee from its discovery on a hill in ancient Abyssinia to the advent of Starbucks. In this updated edition of the classic work, Mark Pendergrast reviews the dramatic changes in coffee culture over the past decade, from the disastrous Coffee Crisis that caused global prices to plummet to the rise of the Fair Trade movement and the third-wave of quality-obsessed coffee conisseurs. As the scope of coffee culture continues to expand, Uncommon Grounds remains more than ever a brilliantly entertaining guide to the currents of one of the world's favourite beverages.
- Author BiographyMARK PENDERGRAST is an independent scholar who brews a fantastic cup of coffee. He is the author of many books, including For God, Country and Coca-Cola, Mirror Mirror, Inside the Outbreaks, and other books. He lives in Colchester, Vermont.
- Author(s)Mark Pendergrast
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication07/09/2010
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight581 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.