All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.11
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
About this product
- DescriptionRogue regimes have extracted an irdinate amount of energy, blood, and treasure from the world's militaries in the past century. Overthrowing these regimes is a major policy decision - fraught with peril and unkwn downstream implications. The United States painfully re-learned these lessons following the invasion in Iraq and after deposing the Taliban in Afghanistan. Unconventional warfare (UW) is the flip side of counter-insurgency, in which external military elements enable surrogate guerrilla forces against an incumbent government. An updated concept for UW campaigns may offer a more palatable option for regime change in certain situations. Global instantaneous communications, social media, and the application of precision munitions from conventional forces have radically altered this age old method of warfare. Recent UW campaigns in Libya and Syria demonstrated the pros and cons of jump-starting a revolution and how n-state actors have made these already chaotic conflicts even more so. Unconventional Warfare 2.0 describes how demographic trends, rapid techlogical changes, and an adaptive enemy will drive new and invative UW approaches. UW 2.0 has served as mandatory reading at Georgetown University's Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service Security Studies masters program and as an authorized reference for soldiers serving in the US Army's Special Operation Command and Canadian Special Operations Regiment.
- Author BiographyChristopher Rawley, a native Texan, has spent the better half of his career as a naval officer in service with special operations and expeditionary units. Serving with a number of operational commands and staffs, he has deployed to the Western Pacific, Arabian Gulf, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Africa. Most recently he was the inaugural commander for Special Operations Command Forward - East Africa.
- Author(s)Christopher Rawley
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight77 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.