All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionDepictions of the undead in the American South are t limited to our modern versions, such as the vampires in True Blood and the zombies in The Walking Dead. As Undead Souths reveals, physical emanations of southern undeadness are legion, but undeadness also appears in symbolic, psychological, and cultural forms, including the social death endured by enslaved people, the Cult of the Lost Cause that resurrected the fallen heroes of the Confederacy as secular saints, and mourning rites revived by Native Americans forcibly removed from the American Southeast.To capture the manifold forms of southern haunting and horror, Undead Souths explores a variety of media and historical periods, establishes cultural crossings between the South and other regions within and outside of the U.S., and employs diverse theoretical and critical approaches. The result is an engaging and inclusive collection that chronicles the enduring connection between southern culture and the refusal of the dead to stay dead.
- Author BiographyEric Gary Anderson is associate professor of English at George Mason University and the author of American Indian Literature and the Southwest: Contexts and Dispositions.Taylor Hagood is associate professor of American literature at Florida Atlantic University and the author of Faulkner's Imperialism: Space, Place, and the Materiality of Myth and Faulkner, Writer of Disability.Daniel Cross Turner is associate professor of English at Coastal Carolina University. He is the author of Southern Crossings: Poetry, Memory, and the Transcultural South.
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication19/10/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleSouthern Literary Studies (Hardcover)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Content Noteblack & white halftones
- Weight635 g
- Width155 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byDaniel Cross Turner,Eric Gary Anderson,Taylor Hagood
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.