All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnder Siege is Rashid Khalidi's firsthand account of the 1982 Leban War and the complex negotiations for the evacuation of the P.L.O. from Beirut. Utilizing unconventional sources and interviews with key officials and diplomats, Khalidi paints a detailed portrait of the siege and ensuing massacres, providing insight into the military pressure experienced by the P.L.O., the war's impact on Palestinian and Lebanese civilians, and diplomatic efforts by the United States. A new preface by Khalidi considers developments across the Middle East in the thirty years since the conflict. The preface also cites recently declassified Israeli documents to offer surprising new revelations about the roles and responsibilities of both Israeli leaders and American diplomats in the tragic coda to the war, the Sabra and Shatila massacres.
- Author BiographyRashid Khalidi is the Edward Said Professor of Arab Studies at Columbia University, editor of the Journal of Palestine Studies, and the author of Palestinian Identity: The Construction of Modern National Consciousness.
- Author(s)Rashid Khalidi
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication24/01/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Notemap
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $51.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.