Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionHigh adventure in the sands of North Africa It is often claimed that Under Two Flags is the first-and possibly most famous-in a series of French Foreign Legion vels. It has been filmed and the images it conjures of sweating foot slogging legionnaires are familiar and iconic. In fact, it is a vel where the principal character is introduced to us as consummate officer of the British Household Cavalry and his adventures under the Tricolour begin when he joins, perhaps understandably, ather cavalry regiment of the French Army of Africa-the corps d'elite of the Chasseurs d'Afrique! While that may turn many preconceptions of some potential readers on their head it does t prevent this story from being a substantial and engaging romp in the shifting sands of French Colonial Algeria. The Hon. Bertie Cecil finds his honesty and hour falsely compromised and to spare his lady love he abandons his privileged position in the Life Guards and absconds-accompanied only by his manservant, Rake-to an uncertain future within the ranks as a trooper of French Cavalry. Thankfully, danger, intrigue and adventure are t done with our hero and he must battle through them assisted by a femme fatale--the ever memorable Cigarette-to this wonderful tale's climactic conclusion. Available in soft cover and hard cover with dust jacket.
- PublisherLeonaur Ltd
- Date of Publication07/06/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeonaur Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight735 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.