All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.85Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.72Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.16Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler meets Chasing Vermeer in this clever middle grade debut When Theodora Tenpenny spills a bottle of rubbing alcohol on her late grandfather s painting, she discovers what seems to be an old Renaissance masterpiece underneath. That s great news for Theo, who s struggling to hang onto her family s two-hundred-year-old townhouse and support her unstable mother on her grandfather s legacy of $463. There s just one problem: Theo s grandfather was a security guard at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and she worries the painting may be stolen. With the help of some unusual new friends, Theo's search for answers takes her all around Manhattan, and introduces her to a side of the city and her grandfather that she never knew. To solve the mystery, she'll have to abandon her hard-won self-reliance and build a community, one serendipitous friendship at a time.
- Author BiographyIn writing Under the Egg, Laura Marx Fitzgerald drew on her study of art history at Harvard and Cambridge Universities. She lives in Brooklyn, and this is her middle grade debut.
- Author(s)Laura Marx Fitzgerald
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication14/04/2002
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight363 g
- Width147 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.