All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou can't sell it outside if you can't sell it inside. You want maximum business performance? Look under the hood and you ll find your employee culture: it is the power that drives the enterprise engine. To harness that rumbling power you ve got to solve the mystery of what an employee culture actually is, how it operates and how to move it forward. These are the keys that this book will put right in your hands. Rewned business culture expert Stan Slap kws the difference between understanding your employees and understanding your employee culture. The distinction isn t semantics; it s the key to whether your strategies will succeed or fail. This myth-busting book reveals why an employee culture is an independent organism with its own rules, beliefs, and motivations and the power to make or break any management plan (and any manager right along with it). Slap shows you how to get whatever you want from your employee culture, whether it s improved accountability, invation, flexibility, resilience, energy, loyalty, or trust. Along the way he solves mysteries that have puzzled managers since the first Mesopotamian farmer hired some help, including: Why does an employee culture really resist change? What does it care about more than money? Why does it respond to leadership differently than to management? How does it talk to itself, and what does it mean when it won t talk to you? Why are company values the most dangerous threat to gaining its trust? If you have a wonderful employee culture, this book will help you scale it. If you have a troubled employee culture, this book will help you fix it. If you have an employee culture under pressure, this book will help you ease it. If you have a new employee culture, this book will help you shape it. And if you are investing in a company, this book will help you protect your greatest purchasable asset. Under the Hood is informed by immaculate research, including surveys of more than 15,000 employees from companies the world over. It s packed with original tactics that have driven performance for many organizations and countless managers. And it includes jaw-dropping inside stories of employee cultures from the likes of Samsung, Oracle, Progressive, CNN during wartime, Paul McCartney s band, and the Super Bowl film crew. It s all delivered in classic Stan Slap style: profound and provocative, heartfelt and often hysterical. This is t simply a management book; it is the business case for humanity. Management advice doesn t get realer or more important than this.
- Author BiographySTAN SLAP is president of the international consulting company SLAP, renowned for achieving maximum commitment in manager, employee, and customer cultures. His work has produced legendary impact for a who s who of successful companies the kind that don t include Patience on their list of corporate values. He is the author of the New York Times bestseller Bury My Heart at Conference Room B. He lives in San Francisco.
- Author(s)Stan Slap
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication22/04/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- Out-of-print date18/06/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width160 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.