All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.50
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone belongs to one or more groups, be they unions, religions, political parties, support groups, or any number of others. As members we gain much from these associations, but at what price? In Under the Influence , Goldhammer probes the relationship between individual members and the collective, providing fresh insights into such destructive characteristics as mind control, propaganda, hyptic influence, loss of identity, and much more. This exciting work explores invative ways to harness the creative potential of groups without sacrificing personal automy. In our modern, often impersonal culture, we need to better understand our 'urge to merge' and the destructive control that can be exercised when the group becomes more important than its individual members.
- Author BiographyJohn D. Goldhammer is a psychotherapist, new-age cult survivor, and author of The Save Your Business Book.
- Author(s)John D. Goldhammer
- PublisherPrometheus Books
- Date of Publication01/01/1996
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationAmherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrometheus Books
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.