Under the Influence: The Disinformation Guide to Drugs by Preston Peet (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.77+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionIn the latest in the oversize Disinformation Guide series of anthologies, editor Preston Peet assembles an all-star cast to lay to rest the specious misinformation peddled by prohibitionists who depend upon the War on some drugs and users for their livelihood and power. Drug users and abusers describe their feelings and fears for freedom, t only for themselves but for all their fellow citizens in the United States and the rest of the world, detailing the Constitution-shredding War on some drugs and users. Despite the antidrug hysteria promoted by prohibitionists, drugs have been an inseparable aspect of life for thousands of years--curing disease, calming stress, easing pain, enhancing intelligence, opening the doors of perception and altering consciousness. So why is the War on some drugs and users underway? The answers can be found in Under the Influence. Decades of spending trillions of dollars while waging war on neighbors, friends and families have done thing to eradicate drug use and abuse, but it has succeeded in overthrowing governments, tearing apart families and communities, and ensured the rise of international criminal cartels. Under the Influence explains how we came to this state of affairs and how we can bring about real reform. Bestselling writers, professional researchers, degenerate drug users and just plain folk offer fact-based alternatives to the propaganda of prohibitionist anti-drug warriors. Contributors include Tom Robbins, Paul Krassner, Rick Doblin, Mike Gray, Lonny Shavelson, Daniel Forbes, Steve Wishnia, Cynthia Cotts, Russ Kick, Dr. Stanislav Grof, Daniel Pinchbeck, Paul Armenta, Jacob Sullum, Peter Dale Scott and Robert Anton Wilson.
- Author BiographyThe editor of Under The Influence: The Disinformation Guide to Drugs, Preston Peet is a writer, editor, photographer, musician, actor, DJ, activist and adventurer. A regular contributor to High Times magazine and website, the editor of the controversial website DrugWar.com, and a columnist for the New York Waste, he has published in a variety of publications both in print and online.
- Author(s)Preston Peet
- PublisherDisinformation Company
- Date of Publication01/01/2004
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintDisinformation Company
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.