Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.88Trending at AU $65.52
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $81.07
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.57
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.59
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.33
About this product
- DescriptionIts the spring of 1984 in British Columbia, and life is just getting exciting for Esha. A secret that looms over her family has reinforced her proud resistance to her familys Indian identity. However, one day changes everything, and Eshas well-thought-out rebellion is put to the test. In the blink of an eye, she is forced to step up and fulfill her fathers last wish, taking her thousands of miles away to a place she never dreamed of visiting: India. Forced to follow traditions she has denied her whole life and fighting the temptations of an unlikely love interest, Esha must w confront her new reality. As she comes to understand her heritage, she also becomes a victim of the highly unstable political climate in 1984 Delhi. Prime Minister Indira Gandhi has just been assassinated, political tensions rise, and w only one chant can be heard: Blood for blood. Esha must fight to survive the three days of brutal chaos that erupts throughout Delhi in the aftermath of the prime ministers assassination.
- Author BiographyBorn and raised in Toronto, Canada, Nav K. Gill has been writing from the first moment her parents placed a blank journal and sharp pencil before her. Incoherent thoughts soon became short stories, and the short stories eventually found their way to a full-length novel. Appreciating the hard work of her parents, who both migrated to Canada from Punjab, India, in the 1970s and 1980s, she learned to pay attention to the extraordinary lessons that life can teach an individual who is willing to listen. This appreciation led to an Honors Degree in Political Science, followed by Law School at the University of London, England. During this time, she also became involved in politics, government, and human rights. She is an avid athlete, but her first passion will always be writing.
- Author(s)Nav K. Gill
- PublisherNapoleon Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintNapoleon Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width130 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.