All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnder the Radar Michigan is an Emmy award winning PBS television series that features the cool people, places and things that make Michigan an awesome place to live, work and play. If you are looking for great Michigan places to explore, vacation, eat, live, start a business or just relax, this book is for you. Chapter-by-chapter, we take you along on our first fifty episodes and discover great Michigan cities, interesting people, incredible restaurants, romantic spaces and great places to vacation with the whole family. You will speed through Michigan's Everglades; go to santa school; eat awesome food; hike giant dunes; meet inspired people; explore great wilderness; fly through the air on skis; sail the Great Lakes; tour great museums and even swim at a secret beach. You will t believe what is right in your own back yard. So, join us and we guarantee you will learn so much about Michigan you did t kw, you will never want to leave. Grab this book. Grab your car keys, and make Michigan your next great adventure.
- Author BiographyHost and co-creator of Under The Radar Michigan, Tom Daldin is an Emmy award-winning producer, actor and writer who has created programs that have aired across Michigan and around the U.S. on PBS. He has also won a number of best actor awards in both commercial television and industrial films. Growing up in Birmingham, Michigan, Tom has always been a fan of travel. At the age of 12 he joined the World Adventure Series Club at the Detroit Institute of Arts, where his mother would drop him off to watch travel log films. After graduation from Oakland University with a degree in journalism, Tom, his wife Cathy and their children have turned Michigan into their vacation playground, exploring its many wonders and attractions. Tom loves people and loves where he lives. Jim Edelmans path to television producer took him from Radio Talk Show Producer to Radio Promotion Director to Radio Sales Manager to National Radio Sales (Jim loved radio). Jims attention to detail, idea generation and the sales chops to keep the show funding flowing, help complete the circle of skills for Under the Radar Michigan. UTR fulfills a lifelong mission to combine the best of his sales skills with the creative guy thats always been lurking in the shadows. His love of storytelling and searching or off-beat, little known stories really makes his day. Jim attended many colleges but learned more working for the Detroit Pistons, as a Ski Instructor, Cycle Racing Producer, Tomato Picker and Bakers Assistant. He lives in Salem, Michigan and insists that hes quite normal despite owning three cats. Eric Tremonti brought his love for positive storytelling to the UTR Michigan team after fifteen years in advertising production. Joining midway through UTRs first season, Eric wears multiple hats, including director, camera operator, producer, editor and post production manager. Eric will tell you that working on UTR is the second best job he's ever had because it's given him the opportunity to spend more time on his first bestest job, that of worlds greatest dad to his two young daughters. When he's not hard at work on either job, you can find Eric pursuing his passion for all things green in his garden and community farm plot. Eric is also a self-proclaimed super cooker guy and food aficionado.
- Author(s)Eric Tremonti,Jim Edelman,Tom Daldin
- PublisherScribe Publishing Company
- Date of Publication04/11/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationMI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScribe Publishing Company
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight688 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.