CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionDESCRIPTION This book is about the traditional forms of poetry. Some poems have the form of a sonnet, a villanelle, a pantoum, a haiku, or a sestina; others are written in the form of an ode, or a quatrain, and the rest are free verses or narrative poems. For the topics of the poems, some are based on facts, others are just imaginations. There are many different purposes when one gets involved in the creation of his or her art. To me, I like to write for the humanity effect as well as for the sake of the art itself; that is why the concentration of this book is the forms of poetry. I believe that the reasons why poetry is different from prose are because of its special features such as rhymes, rhythm, meter and forms. When I was a young kid in public schools, I used to read and admire people who wrote poems in traditional forms with melodious tunes and sounds of rhymes that caused me to have great stirrings of emotion, and so, those poems always lasted a very long time in my mind. Now, I am in the same inspiring situation that those poets had on me decades ago, and I hope that the poems in this book can do the same things to my readers as other great poems have done to me.
- Author BiographyHongvan Nguyen was born in Saigon, South Vietnam. In 1975, the North Communists defeated the South Army and took over South Vietnam when she was still in high school. In 1981, she left Vietnam to come to the United States to reunite with her mother in Maryland. In 1985, she got her first college degree, an A.A. degree in Computer/Data Processing from Catonsville Community College. In 1990, she got married and moved to Arlington, Virginia to live with her husband. In 1999, she went back to college to obtain her B.A. degree in English with a concentration in poetry and a minor in philosophy at George Mason University. She has published two books of poetry, Under the Stone by Createspace and The Chickadees by Xlibris.
- Author(s)Hongvan Nguyen
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication29/07/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.