All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs this the right book for me? Understand Counselling will give you a clear understanding of the main counselling theories and help you develop vital counselling skills. It will introduce you to the three main branches of counselling - psychodynamic therapy, person-centred therapy and cognitive behavioural therapy - and familiarize you with the key features of each one. Whether you are interested in training as a counsellor, are considering counselling yourself or simply want to become a better communicator, this book will give you confidence and understanding. Understand Counselling includes: Part one: The fundamentals Chapter 1: The counselling role Chapter 2: The counsellor's role Chapter 3: Skills used in counselling Chapter 4: The benefits of acquiring counselling skills Chapter 5: Enjoying the exploration Part two - A deeper understanding - training to a professional level Chapter 6: Course Components Chapter 7:The three major approaches Chapter 8: Demystifying the jargon Chapter 9: Dealing with anger Chapter 10: Underlying issues Chapter 11: Cultural Issues Chapter 12: Working Online Learn effortlessly with a new easy-to-read page design and interactive features: Not got much time? One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started. Author insights Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience. Test yourself Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress. Extend your kwledge Extra online articles at www.teachyourself.com to give you a richer understanding of counselling. Five things to remember Quick refreshers to help you remember the key facts. Try this Invative exercises illustrate what you've learnt and how to use it.
- Author BiographyAileen Milne is a trained and highly experienced counsellor. She has her own private practice and currently works for a counselling agency which provides short-term counselling - both face-to-face and over the telephone - for many companies and organizations throughout the UK. She has worked in both short-term and long-term counselling and with a wide range of issues, giving her a truly comprehensive knowledge base. She both attends and facilitates numerous workshops.
- Author(s)Aileen Milne
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication29/01/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleTeach Yourself Educational
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Content Noten/a
- Weight298 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.