CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIs this the right book for me? An unpretentious guide for all those who want to learn to analyse, understand and evaluate films Understand Film Studies provides an overview of the key areas in film studies, including aesthetics, narrative, genre, documentary films and the secrets of film reviewing. From Hitchcock and Taranti to Spielberg and Bigelow, you will soon gain a critical understanding of legendary directors and the techniques and skills that are used to achieve certain cinematic effects. Whether you are a film studies student or just a film buff wanting to kw more, this book will give you an invaluable insight into the exciting and incredibly fast-moving world of film. Understand Film Studies includes: Chapter 1: Film aesthetics: formalism and realism Chapter 2: Film structure: narrative and narration Chapter 3: Film authorship: the director as auteur Chapter 4: Film genres: defining the typical film Chapter 5: The n-fiction film: five types of documentary Chapter 6: The reception of film: the art and profession of film viewing Learn effortlessly with a new easy-to-read page design and interactive features: Not got much time? One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started. Author insights Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience. Test yourself Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress. Extend your kwledge Extra online articles to give you a richer understanding of the subject. Five things to remember Quick refreshers to help you remember the key facts. Try this Invative exercises illustrate what you've learnt and how to use it.
- Author BiographyWarren Buckland is a senior lecturer in film studies at Oxford Brookes University.
- Author(s)Warren Buckland
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication24/09/2010
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleTeach Yourself - General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Out-of-print date22/05/2015
- Content Noteten black and white halftones
- Weight226 g
- Width132 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.