All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUNDERSTANDING ABNORMAL BEHAVIOR, 11th Edition offers balanced and clear coverage of psychopathology theories, research, and clinical implications. Fully updated to reflect DSM-5 and the newest scientific, psychological, multicultural and psychiatric research, the book introduces and integrates the Multipath Model of Mental Disorders to explain how four essential factors-biological, psychological, social, and sociocultural-interact to cause mental disorders. A focus on resilience highlights prevention and recovery from the symptoms of various disorders. This edition also continues its emphasis on the multicultural, sociocultural and diversity aspects of abrmal psychology. The authors present material in a lively and engaging manner, connecting topics to real-world case studies, current events, and issues of particular importance and relevance in today's world. Special features and the fresh design make the book even more approachable and appealing to all readers.
- Author BiographyDerald Wing Sue is professor of psychology and education in the Department of Counseling and Clinical Psychology at Teachers College, Columbia University. He has written extensively in the field of counseling psychology and multicultural counseling/therapy and is co-author of a bestselling book, COUNSELING THE CULTURALLY DIVERSE: THEORY AND PRACTICE. Dr. Sue has served as president of the Society of Counseling Psychology and the Society for the Psychological Study of Ethnic Minority Issues and has received numerous awards for teaching and service. He received his doctorate from the University of Oregon. David Sue is professor emeritus of psychology at Western Washington University, where he is an associate of the Center for Cross-Cultural Research. He has served as the director of the Psychology Counseling Clinic and the Mental Health Counseling Program. He and his wife co-authored the book COUNSELING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY IN A DIVERSE SOCIETY and he is co-author of COUNSELING THE CULTURALLY DIVERSE: THEORY AND PRACTICE. He received his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Washington State University. His research interests revolve around multicultural issues in individual and group counseling. Stanley Sue is professor of psychology and director of the Center for Excellence in Diversity at Palo Alto University. From 1971 to 1981, he was assistant and associate professor of psychology at the University of Washington; Professor of Psychology, UCLA (1981-1996); and professor of psychology at UC Davis (1996-2010 and now emeritus distinguished professor). Dr. Sue served as the 2010 president of the Western Psychological Association. Diane M. Sue received her Ed.S.in School Psychology and her Ph.D. in Educational Psychology from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. She has worked as a school psychologist and counselor, as well as with adults needing specialized care for mental illness and neurocognitive disorders. She taught courses at Western Washington University as an adjunct faculty member. She received the Washington State School Psychologist of the Year Award, the Western Washington University College of Education Professional Excellence Award and co-authored the book COUNSELING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY IN A DIVERSE SOCIETY. Her areas of expertise include child and adolescent psychology, neuropsychology, and interventions with ethnic minority children and adolescents.
- Author(s)David Sue,Derald Wing Sue,Diane M. Sue,Stanley Sue
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight1565 g
- Width235 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement11th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.