Understanding Alternative Medicine: New Health Paths in America by Virginia M. Tyler, Lawrence Tyler (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $58.28+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding Alternative Medicine: New Health Paths in America provides health professionals and educators with insight into the growing use and social acceptance of alternative medicines in the United States today. This book discusses the political, ecomic, and scientific implications of multicultural medicine in American society and provides you with specific information on the use of alternative medicines in the United States. With this complete and comprehensive guide, you will discover the safety and efficacy of alternative medicines, therapies, and philosophies to offer your patients the best possible care for their ailments. Intelligent and informative, Understanding Alternative Medicine examines several different philosophies that alternative treatments are based on, such as Shamanism, Ayurvedic Medicine, and traditional chinese medicine and discusses some of the negative consequences of these practices on both the plant and animal kingdoms. This essential book will provide you with a variety of medical suggestions to improve your patients'health while examining present issues surrounding alternative medicine, including: * realizing the environmental impact on endangered plants and animals used as ingredients in traditional and herbal medicines to help you understand the negative effects on the world while balancing the positive effects for the human population * understanding the ecomic growth and social acceptance of the alternative health industry and its move into mainstream society * examining why, according to some doctors'opinions, the United States Food and Drug Administration continues to be unsuccessful in its efforts to properly evaluate the safety and efficacy of alternative medicine Through this essential book,you will discover how American medicine has diversified among accepted medical practices as well as medical practitioners and that these trends are beginning to change American health care practices and procedures. Understanding Alternative Medicine offers proof on how these changes have influenced the growing availability, awareness, and use of traditional medicines in order to expand your options for patient care and help people live improved and healthier lives.
- Author(s)Lawrence Tyler,Virginia M. Tyler
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication07/01/2000
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Weight214 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.