All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionToday's seminary and religious-education instructors are expected to design and redesign their courses more nimbly than in the past. We have to adapt our courses to vel learning environments, for more diverse learners, toward more diverse vocations. At the same time, institutional rewards for time invested in course design are fewer than ever. Understanding Bible by Design introduces the reader to UbD: an approach to course design that is proven time-efficient and grounded in the instructor's most closely-held convictions about her subject matter's big ideas and essential questions. This book's contributors (one in Old Testament, one in New Testament, and one in Jewish Studies) demonstrate the value of UbD for the Biblical Studies instructor, whether at seminary or university, face-to-face or online, from the intimate seminar to the massive MOOC. Lester's sypsis of course design and suggested action is followed by a collaborative dialogue with Jane S. Webster and Christopher M. Jones. Webster and Jones provide practical commentary regarding the successful implementation of Lester's proposed approaches.
- Author BiographyG. Brooke Lester is assistant professor of Hebrew Scriptures and director for emerging pedagogies, at Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary in Evanston, Illinois.
- Author(s)G. Brooke Lester
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Weight154 g
- Width150 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.