All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFilled with real-world case studies and examples of ethical dilemmas, Understanding Business Ethics prepares you to make ethical decisions in today's complex, global environment. Bestselling authors explain the fundamental importance of ethical leadership, decision making, and strategic planning while examining emerging trends in business ethics such as the developing world, human rights, environmental sustainability, and techlogy. In addition to presenting information related to the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the text's 26 real-world cases profile a variety of industries, countries, and ethical issues in a way that is relevant and meaningful to your lives. Using an applied approach, this text helps you understand why and how business ethics really do matter! NEW TO THIS EDITION: *New coverage of current and relevant topics such as corporate social responsibility, information techlogy, social media, big data, NGOs as stakeholders, and challenges to establishing an ethical organisation *New chapter-opening vignettes and real-life ethical dilemmas highlight contemporary examples such as The Interview movie and North Korea, Samsung and Child Labour, and the Hillsborough football disaster *New cases covering recent ethical situations such as Disney's corporate social responsibility reputation and the General Motor's ignition recall issue show you how to practically apply the concepts being learned to their everyday life *An extensive instructor's manual covering all of the case studies and exercises in the book as well as links to additional material. The free, open-access Student Study site at study.sagepub.com/stanwick3e features web quizzes, web resources, video resources, and more. There is also a dedicated Instructor site providing additional teaching resources.
- Author BiographyPeter A. Stanwick is an associate professor in the Department of Management at Auburn University. His research has been published in various journals, including The Journal of Business Ethics, Management Decision, The Journal of Corporate Citizenship, The Journal of Corporate Accounting and Finance, Business Strategy and the Environment, Eco-Management and Auditing, and American Business Review. He also serves as a reviewer for the Journal of Business Ethics. He was invited to present papers in 2004 and 2011 at Oxford University. Dr. Stanwick has received two grants from the Daniel F. Breeden Endowments for Faculty Enhancement and a Pursell Ethics Grant. In 1995, Dr. Stanwick received the Graduate Faculty Member Award for Excellence by the Association of Graduate Business Students at Auburn University. Dr. Stanwick teaches strategic management and business ethics at the undergraduate and graduate level, as well as international management at the undergraduate level. Sarah D. Stanwick is an associate professor in the School of Accountancy at Auburn University. Her research has been published in various journals, including the Journal of Business Ethics, Advances in Accounting, The Accounting Educators' Journal, The Journal of Corporate Accounting and Finance, and The Journal of Corporate Citizenship. She has received two Daniel F. Breeden Endowments for Faculty Enhancement, a Pursell Ethics Grant, and a grant from the World Resources Institute to write an instructional case on the pulp and paper industry in Alabama. She has taught financial and managerial/cost accounting at the undergraduate and graduate levels and accounting ethics at the graduate level. Her research interests include the areas of environmental accounting, ethical issues for managers and accountants, and social responsibility issues. She is the advisor for the Auburn University chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma (the international honor society for achievement in the study of business).
- Author(s)Peter A. Stanwick,Sarah D. Stanwick
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication12/11/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.