All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionAn invaluable starting point for anyone encountering cerebral palsy for the first time, this book provides essential background information on causes, types and symptoms, as well as vital advice about the treatments, therapies and sources of support available. Practical tips on everyday considerations such as communication, diet and education will help parents achieve the best quality of life for their child. A final chapter explores options after compulsory education and how best to support a young person making the transition to independent adulthood. Using personal experience and case studies as sources of inspiration, as well as a comprehensive list of resources to signpost readers to further information, this positive handbook will help parents and professionals more fully understand cerebral palsy and the different options available to people with the condition.
- Author BiographyMarion Stanton is a special needs teacher, AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) practitioner, and mother of three children including Dan who has cerebral palsy. She has co-founded a parent-run early learning group for children with disabilities (PALACE) and has been an active member of the Alliance for Inclusive Education. She is currently lead assessor and trainer for Communication and Learning Enterprises Limited (CandLE), a non-profit organisation that supports young people with communication difficulties. She lives in Cumbria, UK.
- Author(s)Marion Stanton
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/04/2012
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleJKP Essentials
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight417 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byJoe Whittaker
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.