All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding Child Abuse is the first book to look at women whose partners are child sex offenders. Much of the book is devoted to the voices of the women themselves, telling their stories and how they feel about the situations in which they found themselves, how they coped, and how they remade their lives and those of their families. They describe what they learned from their experience and how it changed them. Such experience is largely overlooked by researchers, agencies and policy makers and this book throws unique light on this neglected area. The chapters cover: * What we kw about child sexual abuse, offenders and the effect of sexual abuse on children. * A detailed description of the work which allows the women to explore and compare their experiences and feelings about what has happened. * Verbatim interviews with both partners and offenders. Combining theory, practice and personal testimony in a concise and accessible manner, Understanding Child Abuse is essential reading for social work practitioners and students as well as probation officers and anyone involved with child protection. It will also be of interest to members of the public.
- Author BiographyTerry Philpot is the author and editor of more than a dozen books, including Adoption (with Anthony Douglas) and five books on working with sexually abused children. He is a trustee of the Social Care Institute for Excellence and of the board of the Michael Sieff Foundation. He is a former editor of Community Care and has won several awards for his journalism.
- Author(s)Terry Philpot
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/11/2008
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.