All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders: Educators Partnering with Families is an introductory core textbook for use by pre-service and in-service teachers in schools of Education. The aim of the text is introduce, in an accessible manner, the significant body of research and theory in the field of autism within the larger context of understanding the unique socio-cultural dimensions of individuals with ASD and their families. FEATURES ' - the text includes engaging and fascinating interviews and case studies, which include interviews with: parents of children with ASD, individuals with ASD, teachers of children with ASD, and top researchers in the field of ASD conducting cutting edge research and developing assessment tools. - the text integrates collaboration with the family, as well as understanding of cultural context when working with families to provide supports for children and adolescents with ASD.
- Author BiographyMichelle Haney is an Associate Professor of Psychology and Education at Berry College. Haney has taught psychology and education courses at the graduate and undergraduate level for over ten years, and has directed the Interdisciplinary Studies program at Berry College. In addition to her Ph.D. with a cognate in developmental disorders, Haney is a School Psychologist and worked for a large public school system for eight years before entering academia. Her clinical work involves psychological evaluation and consultation primarily involving children with developmental disabilities. While working in the public school system, Haney was the lead school psychologist for a dual-diagnosis program serving children with developmental disabilities. She has published numerous theoretical and empirical papers in peer-reviewed journals and presented at professional conferences across the country. Haney's work with family advocacy groups, community outreach programs, and local public schools has allowed her to integrate teaching and service to optimize learning and pool scarce resources. Her experiences working with families with children on the autism spectrum and professionals in the community alongside developing meaningful courses to introduce undergraduate students to the field of autism will be highlighted in this text.
- Author(s)Michelle Rosen Haney
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication27/11/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.