Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of this popular textbook on community care has been substantially updated to incorporate both the new requirements for social work training, and the considerable developments in policy, law, research and practice since 1999. The book traces the historical development of community care and describes the different stages of the process of care management and assesses the impact of care management as a system upon the practice of social work. Connections between social care, health care and housing are thoroughly explored and the impact of community care policies upon different user groups is explained. Exercises and case studies are included and there are suggestions for further reading at the end of each chapter.
- Author BiographyANN McDONALD is Senior Lecturer in Social Work at the University of East Anglia, UK. Prior to joining the School in 1990, she worked as a social worker, court liaison officer and university lecturer in law. Her current research interests are particularly on community care and work with older people.
- Author(s)Ann McDonald
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication24/01/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight366 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.